Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chicago

Chicago, the third largest city in the country, has achieved international status through the quality of its cultural institutions and its position as a world financial center. I went to
Chicago this spring break and experienced its diversified culture, plentiful kinds of museums with precious exhibit, Navy Pier and Michigan Avenue……while what makes me forget to return is astonishment and excitement when touring the Sears Tower.
   On my way to the Sears Tower. Downtown is very clean and modern.

The Sears Tower is the tallest building in North America and is one of Chicago's most recognized landmarks. The Sears Tower skydeck offers some great views, even straight down with "The Ledge", a glass box that extends four feet from the side of the building.

I was a little scared when I stepped on the ledge. I just told myself relax and then felt like I was in the sky, in another world.

      I can remember that night that I do not have to know who I am. All I need to do was looking the brilliantly illuminated lights were all full on through glass.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, just looking at your picture from "The Ledge" makes me cringe. I like all of your posts because of the pictures that accompany them. I think that you can elaborate on your posts by saying something of the type of camera you use or if you use different lenses or how you decide if you need to use a flash or not (I never now when to use a flash).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you like them and I must say your suggestion is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome that you are visiting large cities around America! I haven't been too Chicago, but looks like a blast. I'm glad you were able to get a good picture at night, looks like your on the right path to becoming a good photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been terrified on that glass ledge! You are so much more brave than I am!

    ReplyDelete